Exploring the wonderful world of fashion one step at a time. Figuring out my own style and ultimately my place in this trendy universe!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Designer Series: Rodarte

Ever since they stepped on the scene in '05, I've been intrigued by the Rodarte (pronounced roh-dar-tay) sisters, Laura and Kate Mulleavy. Their designs always gave a sense of gothic romanticism, a style I've learned to love, thanks to Tim Burton. My favorite part is their characteristic lace pattern I like to call the spiderweave (aka I honestly have no idea the name of this pattern):

3471800644_400Rodarte- A fashion statement!!! photo 3


Texture and pattern are frequently used in their designs to create a cohesive whole. Rodarte pieces always stand out artistically, and here are some images of why I love them!



up close and personal with the Rodarte dragon cuffs that all models had on their ears!
All the models in the Spring 2013 show wore these dragon ear cuffs!



Rodarte-Spring-2013-shoes-boots
The shoes!



Rodarte For Target Lookbook
Rodarte Collaboration with Target



Chain leather pants anyone?



Gorgeous color.




Rodarte clothing is both beautiful and inspiring for those designers that want to push the possibilities. I can't to see what comes next at the next fashion show!

With Love,

Cookie

P.S. If you're like me and DEFINITELY want a dragon ear cuff, you can find some here and here.


No comments:

Post a Comment